I seriously don't know what happened in the attack on the humanitarian ship called Mawi Marmara and neither do I know why Israeli soldiers made the decision to "storm" the ship. As such, I am not able to "judge" and "conclude" that the Israeli soldiers have killed out of malice or killed out self-defense.
I have heard accounts from those in the ship (from the media which are open to us in Malaysia) and now I have accounts from those who had opened fire. I have decided to not to take sides because if either one account is true... both are reactions and defences of mere human who are in battle field. I have not been in the battle field. I have not been treated like a terrorists. I have not had my home been bombed and terrorised. So... I do not want to take sides. But I do want to share the accounts from those who had opened fire... whether true or not, these are still their accounts and I think it would be unfair if their accounts are not published whether these are the truth or not:-
There is a legal, legitimate maritime blockade in effect off the coast of Gaza. It was imposed with the agreement of Egypt when the Hamas terrorist regime took over Gaza. The Hamas regime has repeatedly bombed civilian targets in Israel with weapons that have been smuggled into Gaza via the sea.
"If ships were allowed to sail to Gaza without inspection, as flotilla organizers have demanded, nothing could stop Iran from sending high-level weapons to Hamas in Gaza" said Binyamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel.
From the beginning of this situation the 'peace' activists have stated their intention was to storm the blockade. Thousands of tones of humanitarian aid is transported from Israel to Gaza by road every week through legitimate relief organizations like the UN and the Red Cross. Israel offered to transport the aid brought by these boats via the usual over-land routes once it had been inspected for weapons. The organizers refused to follow the legal path and intended to force Israel's hand by ignoring all warnings from Israel not to breach the maritime blockage.
After repeated warnings were verbally rejected over the radio by the ships captains, the Israeli Navy boarded the ships in order to re-direct them to an Israeli port in order to inspect the cargo and then transport it on to Gaza.
The Navy was unprepared for the level of violence they experienced on the lead Turkish ship, the 'Mavi Marmara'. "We prepared for an operation involving light resistance," said one navy officer, "We did not expect that the soldiers would be met by a mob armed with bats, knives and metal pipes." The soldiers were armed with paintball guns to minimize harm. Another officer said "We thought there would be verbal and passive violence, but not to the level we encountered. Everyone who came towards us wanted to kill us. We encountered terrorists who wanted us dead, and we used all the means at our disposal so that those who shouldn't get hurt would not."
The truth is that this was a politically motivated attack disguised as a humanitarian initiative by those who want to bring harm on Israel: Either through violence or through media propaganda.
*****************************************************************************
"When the Navy commandos repelled onto the ship from the helicopters, the terrorists on the Marmara were divided into groups and were organized and ready to attack. The Israeli authorities were taken by surprise at the violence of this attack. The soldiers were not prepared for a vicious mob.
Our Israeli soldiers were very restrained and careful, equipped with paintball guns to minimize harm. They were only given permission to fire their personal side-arms once the situation was out of hand and their very lives were in danger. Their aim was to disperse the rioters not to take lives.
One young Navy seal now has brain damage from being beaten so badly when he boarded the ship; another was thrown 3 stories to the deck below and then stabbed in the stomach. Another was hurled from the deck into the sea; others had serious injuries from being attacked. These were well trained navy seals - the attackers where not innocent civilians, they knew how to attack soldiers.
This was not a humanitarian mission - the motive was always political with violent intentions; they even refused to deliver a package to Gilad Shalit, from his parents. (Shalit is a 24 year old Israeli soldier who was kidnapped on the Gaza border 4 years ago by Hamas. Until today Hamas has refused to allow the Red Cross to visit him.)
The terrorists that were killed were carrying thousands of dollars in cash and had no Passports or I.D. It is suspected that they are connected to Global jihad affiliated organizations. Known Islamic extremists were identified as passengers on the ship. The intent of this ship was not to bring humanitarian supplies to the people in Gaza. (The organizers had been told by the Israeli authorities that the supplies would be delivered to Gaza once they had been checked for any illegal weapons.)
The intent was to stir up political pressure disguised as a humanitarian aid project to the people of Gaza. Thousands of tons of food and supplies are already being transported into Gaza through Israel every week.
The U.N. condemned Israel. The world showed their disapproval. People may say: we don't hate the Jews but we do not like Israel or her policies. I say to you that is deep rooted anti-Semitism.
Israel is a nation in shock after hearing all the lies that are being spoken against her all over the world. It is interesting that no one condemns the terrorists, who knew that Israel could not allow them to sail to Gaza because of the blockade and therefore came prepared to attack any Israeli who would stop them from doing so.
Today I am wearing a Navy Seals T-Shirt in honor of our brave soldiers, who were doing their jobs, boarding a ship that was challenging Israel's sovereign right to protect her borders."
******************************************************************
These are some links (may be true, may not be true):-
1. Link 1
2. Link 2
3. Link 3
4. Link 4
Anyway... the above are quite good read. If not true... probably we can use it as precedent. If true... hmmm... nothing we can do from this end of the world.
One thing I know for sure on what I can do (whether which accounts are the truth)... I can pray for God's protection on the innocent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment