Monday, January 14, 2008

So many issues in mind, so much to share... yet so little time

Yup... that's the title of my post today. I just had a really really quick lunch... I think 10 minutes and I'm back behind my desk. Wanted to do some work but I have been doing work since I came in this morning at sharp 8.40am.

I have been wanting to write my thoughts on the book that I have just read i.e. "What would Jesus do?". Please see my last post on my goals for year 2008. I think is in Part 1. Nope... I have no idea whatsoever how to put the link here =p

Ok... I have finished the book last week thursday. I had a really fun day catching up on my reading and listening to some of my old cassettes. Yup... cassettes. Still working pretty well =D

My thoughts... well, I didn't actually know what I was getting myself into when I set it as one of my goals... wait... it's not a goal. Wrong definition. It's... hmmm... commitment. Yes... a pledge. I have made a commitment to pledge this whole year to always ask this question "What would Jesus do in this circumstance etc?" For example, I asked myself this question, "Would Jesus be blogging during office hours?" Nope, he of course won't. So, I have to do my blogging like now, during my lunch time or after work. This is just one small example.

Like I've said... I didn't know what I was getting myself into. The whole book is like a novel. I thought it would give me pointers on how to achieve and plan for this pledge that I have made. But no... believe it or not, the whole book's a novel. Accounts of people who have sacrificed much by the pledge which they have made. Accounts of how a powerful personnel in a corporation was reduced to take up a small position in another company because of the stand he had made when he asked himself "What would Jesus do?" There are accounts of how rich and high society people sacrificed their money and position for the advancement of God's kingdom... accounts of highly gifted people who could have earned so much in the materialistic world with their gifts but decided to use their gifts to win lost people into God's community. Yup... stuffs like that... and.. don't play play... got accounts of 2 love stories. Uh huh... quite cool leh?

So now... where am I to go from here? I have no pointers or guidelines or checklists to help me. Well, I figured that I have no other choice but to turn to God for help since I have made the commitment and I do not want to break it. Ahem.. So far... He has guided me through the daily devotional by John Stott and he has impressed upon me to study the book of Daniel. And... ish ... time's out!

Sigh... have to blog off now. Lunch time's over and gone =((

No comments: