Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Guitar lessons

Last night (after leaders' meeting), I have my very first guitar lessons.... after so many years of ownning a guitar. My bro bought the guitar for me, I think in year 2003 for my birthday. Yup... 4 years later and I am taking guitar lessons.

Actually I do know how to play... simple and slow worship songs... and not for public listening. Well, it's for my own personal enrichment... i.e. when I do my Quiet Time. There were no urgency, so to speak, to really learn how to play for worship sessions and worship lead... until recently when I realised that my regular guitarist in CG starts to "ponteng" CG... and the CG always ended up singing acapella. And me no really like to worship acapella. And then the urgency became greater just 2 weekends ago when my team leader (for my coming mission trip in October) asked me to play for our team's worship sessions and... yes... and during the mission trip! I was totally shock... I told him I really can't promise because I am a freak when it comes to fast songs and he is asking me to play fast songs! Somemore in another different language... *Sob sob*

In my frantic, I started to look around and sending desperate pleas to all insentries... and sigh.... Paul came to the rescue and wah lah... me now know how to play "We want to see Jesus lifted high.....". PaulOs... is a good sifu. So patient =D Anyone who can teach me, a guitar dummie, loads of credit have to be given to him. Thank you very much Paul (now... all I need to do now is to think of a way to have him read this blog... hmmm.... ).

Bro, you are truly a gem. I promise and I pledge, I will make sure your wedding is the best and most well co-ordinated one =D
You will look back next time in the future, and tell your kids (and grandchildren)... "Aunty Lina was wonderful... very good co-ordinator... everything went so well... your mom (or grandma) was so happy..."

Hehe.... ok ok... got to get back to work.... will fiddle around and see how to inform everyone else about me blogsite =))

No comments: