Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quotes Quotations

I have got these quotes from Forbes Asia... what's a gal to do with a laptop and no wifi at the Honda Service Centre on a working day? Well, all work and no play makes Jane a dull girl... =*)


FORBES ASIA, JANUARY 28, 2008

Thoughts on the Business of Life Edited by Lydia Forbes

To do or not to do precedes the option of to be or not to be. MALCOLM FORBES

Our actions determine our dispositions. ARISTOTLE

Sow an act and you reap a habit;
sow a habit and you reap a character;
sow a character and you reap a destiny FRANCIS E. WILLARD

Action is character. E SCOTT FITZGERALD

Life is action and passion. OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES

An ounce of application is worth a ton of abstraction. BOOKER T. WASHINGTON

It is vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility; they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it. CHARLOTTE BRONTE

I am only one. But still I am one. I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. EDWARD EVERETT HALE

I think one’s feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results. FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory. FRIEDRICH ENGELS

We never do anything well till we cease to think about the nature of doing it. WILLIAM HAZLITT

We have too many high sounding words; and too few actions that correspond with them. ABIGAIL ADAMS

Chi Wen Tzu always thought three times before taking action. Twice would have been enough. CONFUCIUS

Deliberation is the function of many; action is a function of one. CHARLES DE GAULLE

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. JAMES RUSSEL LOWELL

The haves and have-nots can often be said to be traced back to the dids and the did-nots. D.O. FLYNN

I’m a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work the more I have of it. THOMAS JEFFERSON

Action is an antidote to despair. JOAN BAEZ

My mother said, “You won’t amount to anything because you procrastinate.” I said, “Just wait.” JUDY TENUTA

Heaven never help those who will not act. SOPHOCLES

Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster. THEODORE ROOSEVELT


A Text… Let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves
Ruth 2:7




FORBES ASIA, NOVEMBER 26, 2007

Thoughts on the Business of Life Edited by Lydia Forbes


Living without laughing isn’t living. MALCOLM FORBES

Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing. MARK TWAIN

We are in the world to laugh. In purgatory or in hell we shall no longer be able to do so. And in heaven it would not be proper. JULES RENARD

His laughter… sparkled like a splash of water inn sunlight. JOSEPH LELYVELD

If we may believe our logicians, man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter. JOSEPH ADDISON

There’s nothing funnier than the human animal. WALT DISNEY

There comes a time when suddenly you realize that laughter is something you remember
and that you were the one laughing. MARLENE DIETRICH

All higher humor begins with ceasing to take oneself seriously. HERMANN HESSE

You can teach taste, editorial sense, but the ability to say something funny is something I’ve never been able to teach anyone. ABE BURROWS

If you can’t laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at? TIGER WOODS

I’ve always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise from the saying, “Aint that the truth.” QUINCY JONES

In my mind there is nothing is illiberal and so ill-bred, as audible laughter LORD CHESTERFIELD

Laughter is pleasant, but the exertion is too much for me. THOMAS LOVE PEACOCK

A good laugh is as good as a prayer sometimes. L.M. MONTGOMERY

No man who has once heartily and wholly laughed can be altogether irreclaimably bad. THOMAS CARLYLE

Men will confess to treason, murder, arson, false teeth or a wig. How many of them who will own up to a lack of humour? FRANK MOORE COLBY

A good laugh is sunshine in the house. THACKERAY

Laughter is brightest where food is best. PROVERB

There can never be enough said of the virtues, the dangers, the power of a shared laugh. FRANCOISE SAGAN

A good time for laughter is when you can. JESSAMYN WEST

Humor is the shortest distance between two people. VICTOR BORGE

A Text…

Whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.
II Peter 1:19

No comments: